Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 121 How this blog was born

Well, in case you forgot, I still have two more exams to go, Corporate risk management and Advanced Corporate Finance. The one coming next is Corporate risk Management, so time to study!

Looking at my schedule, I only have 4 weeks left in Europe, and about 3 weeks left in Helsinki. Time really flies!

This blog has gone THIS FAR. No kidding, I wrote all 121 days of entries, this is the blog that I stick to the most.

This idea of writing a blog entry everyday started when in December of 2009, I asked myself how I could make the most out of this exchange, and make the memories from this exchange last longer. I knew before I come to Helsinki that this exchange (no matter good or bad) will be the most memorable thing in my entire university life, so I had to grasp every moment of it, and write everything down, document everything.

I thought of doing video-blogging, but all the video-cutting and uploading are too much work, and it is too much to take a video of everything. So I decided that is a no, then I thought of writing a journal, like in private. But, I also wanted to share my experience with my parents and friends and let them know what's going on in Helsinki, and that I am having a great time in Helsinki. So I decided that I should go for blogging.

But the thing about blogging is, you write the first few entries, and then you leave your blog untouched, so I had to find a way to get myself motivated at all times to write it. And I thought, I would write a blog everyday, so eventually it would be a habit!

The first 10 entries were easy, because I had nothing to do in the first few days, so in the evening I would just update my blog. But from the 6th entries onward, you get a bit tired, and a bit lazy, but I told myself that I had to keep this blog going (by imagining that a lot of people are reading my blog). After enduring the first 20 entries, updating became a habit, and slowly, I accumulated 30 entries, 50 entries, 60 entries, 80 entries... and I was more and more motivated to keep it going, because I have gone this far.

So this is how this blog was born. I hope everyone of you enjoy reading it!

6 comments:

  1. Hey
    Did you realise you never made it CPH and I never made it to Helsinki??

    its ending. But it hasnt ended yet. Keep me update of your plans and stuff k..!!

    and dude, seriously great work and thumbs up with keeping your blog up to date, seriously RESPECT man... it was so hard for me. Total FAIL hahahaa

    Des

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank your for sharing. I enjoy reading everyday. Now I do not need to go to Helsinki any more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desiree: Yes, I realized that! I never really was motivated to go to CPH because I thought it is a typical modern European country and I can go anytime, kind of want to explore other countries that the majority of HK ppl haven't been!

    will keep you updated of my plans this summer!

    Mum: you SHOULD still come here! you can join your 9-days-in-15 countries European tour and one stop can be Helsinki! haha! joking joking, but yea, you should still come here! (in the summer though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling less cold these days even though it IS colder, i bet u won't be able to wear ANYTHING when u come back!! cant wait to see uuuuu xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see you too! It was a little chilly yesterday, around 4 degrees! I really CANNOT imagine a 15+ degrees temperature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait a minute girls, it is now 30C !! with a hot bright sun.

    ReplyDelete