Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 27 Late-night ice-skating in the woods

Today was another tough day at school. I did not have class today, but my group for Investment Management class decided to meet and go through the assignments. We met at around 2 pm and discussed the freakishly ambiguous assignment questions till 5 pm, 3 hours straight!

One funny thing though, one of my group members, Thuy, need to be on duty in the gym from 3 pm till late, so the rest of us went with her and we did our assignment in a tiny little security guard cabin next to the gym.

(photo: this is the little security guard cabin I am talking about.) (photo: the three of us all stuck into the little room.)

After the meeting, I met up with Barbora and did some grocery shoppings. Interestingly, we went to the cheapest and the most expensive grocery markets here in Helsinki. The cheapest is LIDL, and the most expensive is a store called Eko market.

(photo: Ekomarket! So who shop there? health freaks and well... yea, health freaks, and er... maybe those that support fair trade because they have a lot of fair trade products. I have a feeling the HK Oxfam Shop that I worked in long ago wants to do something like this.)

After the Ekomarket and the grocery shopping, I went home. Just as I thought I would call it a day, Kol and Woonghee asked if I wanted to go for ice-skating with them. Since I got my ice-skates, I would not miss any opportunity of skating!



Late-night ice-skating in an outdoor ice ring is something I have never done before, but now that I have done it, I think I really like it! This outdoor ice ring is in the middle of the woods and is really really huge, it took me about 4 mins or so to go around the ice ring once, it is probably 4 times the size of any shopping mall ice-rings in Hong Kong!

Looking at the trees that surrounds this ice-ring and feeling the icy air around me is just one of the most amazing experience there is in life. You feel as if you are gliding through, the trees moving backwards, and when you look up, the sky is just so dark and purplish blue.

I am officially recommending this as one of the things that you have to do before you die: Go late-night ice-skating in the middle of the woods in Helsinki winter!

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome!! Thank goodness that you know
    how to iceskate, if not you have less fun. Hey remember your first lesson in TaiKooShing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember! we were pushing plastic chairs and trying to ice-skates! Those were the days those were the days ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    ur blog is just killing me

    ReplyDelete
  4. why is her blog killing you

    I LOVE LIDL!! its cheap here too and theres just one down the road!

    ReplyDelete