Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 45 LONDON LONDON!

I had an amazing day in London today. I safely arrived at the Gatwick Airport at around mid-night on Thursday (i.e. Friday morning) by this budget airline called Easyjet, then successfully went on the last train from the Gatwick Airport Station to the London Bridge Station; Hopped off the train and looked for directions to Chancery Lane, where my friends Delphine and Desiree were.

(Photo: I was actually a bit worried because they said that they might be snow blizzard in Helsinki, and they delayed, but I guess it was fine!)

And guess what, I walked, yes, walked in the middle of the night from the Station to Chancery Lane, it took about one plus hour. PHEW. But I made it!

So then, we went back to Delphine's place which is in Southern London by the N155 night-bus. Delphine's place is AMAZING! It is what I always imagined people in London will live in- A little black gate, front-yard, a coloured front-door, a small and dimly-lit corridor, a narrow staircase. Woooo.... so British!

(Photo: The street where Delphine lives. It is how I have always imagined it!)

(Photo: Breakfast/ lunch at the dinning room! The trio reunite!)

Since we went back pretty late, we woke up pretty late, although we made a promise to ourselves that we would wake at around 9 am in the morning.

The first place we went in London was Camden Town! (Photo: We went by Underground, or what the British say, the Tube.)

(Photo: Camden Town is an inner city district in North London, it is sort of a higher-class Ladies market in Hong Kong. They sell all these weird stuff, some for tourists, and others, well, just for weird locals I think.)

Then we walked and walked and walked until it was time for the CIS gathering in ChinaTown! It was so nice to meet up with a bunch of friends from High School. AWWW.. SO many memories!



Afterwards, we decided to do go to J. Lee's place for a chat and drink.
(Photo: But we have to talk really quietly. Because J. Lee's neighbour, who has cancer, always theatened to tell her land-lord that she is noisy.)

Oh, by the way, desiree lost her voice, so she couldn't talk at all, I mean, she can only whisper. She also found out that she has a lump on her throat, which resembles Adam's Apple. I guess she was really freaked out that she is turning into a man, so she decided that she should see the doctor at the Emergency room, the whole group went with her.

(Photo: And wow, there were so many drunks with cuts and bruises in the emergency room waiting room. At the end, we decided that it took too long to wait, and Desiree calmed down a bit, so we decided that it might be just a sore throat, and we went home.)

And on our way home, we saw a traffic accident. There were, I think, Blood on the ground. Our buses got delayed. I hope that person is well.

What a day what a day!

2 comments:

  1. wahahaha
    i particularly enjoy ur transplant mandarin story
    LOL
    if she develops a high fever, take some antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs la

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I know yr plane arrived that late, I will suggest you take another flight. I cannot imagine you walked all alone in midnite.

    ReplyDelete