Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 53 It's getting warm here!

Today is the end of February and I have been on exchange for 53 days. And believe-it-or-not, I have just experienced an ABOVE ZERO temperature here in Helsinki!

Weather certainly is nice, but the grounds of Helsinki are flooded with dark and muddy water. ARGH. It's like walking in the sewage, well, minus the smell.

(Photo: Dirty snow lying on the ground.)

I think I will miss the snowy and cold Helsinki, for a HK-er like myself, who has never seen snow before, at first it was quite overwhelming, because all you see here is snow, but slowly you get used to it, and when there is no snow around you (like when I was in London), it feels really odd! It makes you realize how humans are so "ma fan", when it is cold, you say it is too cold; when it is warm, you say it is too warm. But frankly, I don't know how I am going to survive back in Hong Kong!

I am not doing anything much today, because I have an exam next Friday and I want to focus on studying (although technically I just need a pass for this, still want to learn something here.)

It has been pretty quiet these days, and will probably stay the same for the next 4 days. I actually quite enjoy the quietness, gives me time to think, reflect, think more, and of course study. There are certain topics that I want to think about, I will write a series of blog entries on these for the next few days.

Stay tuned!

By the way, my parents just finished their marathons! My dad for the first time, and my mum for the second time! Congratulations! I am proud of you guys! Rest well!

1 comment: