Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 33 Going SUGAR-HIGH!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!

Pastries and sweets in Finland are generally very good. In the previous entries, I have introduced you to the delicious Runeberg's tart, which is only available a few weeks before Feb 5, after that, it disappears and will only re-appear next year. I think it is sort of like the moon-cake in the mid-autumn festival, although the bakery shops make moon-cakes all-year-round.

The sweets here are really irresistible. There was a video shop near my school that sells all sorts of candies, and you pick out which ones you want in a plastic bag. They weigh the bag and you pay for the weigh of it, it is sort of like the honey-bee chain in HK. But here, there are really so much candies to choose from, chocolates/ marshmallows/ dried-banana pieces etc.

(Photo: See what I mean? There were literally rows and rows of candies to choose from! I got some chocolate and dried banana pieces there, they were so good! I ate till I felt really sick and went sugar-high in the process.)

Today we went to the mbar again after the Finnish class. What surprised me was that they change the hangings of the wall! I love how they put much emphasis on the interior design of the bar, it makes everything so much more interesting and the atmosphere much more enjoyable! The music there was also very nice and everything is so relaxed!
(Photo: mbar in all its glory. I love this place so much! I must also explore some other nice bars in Helsinki!)

No comments:

Post a Comment