Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 47 Visiting the school I wasn't smart enough to get into.

Today we visited the school I wasn't smart enough to get into: Cambridge. We bought tickets at the King's Cross Station and traveled for about 1 hour to get to Cambridge.

(Photo: On the train.)

(Photo: the train. I think UK's trains are quite extensive. Almost everywhere you can go by trains. But it makes sense since UK is a big country.)

(Photo: Arriving at Cambridge. It was freezing cold and snowing when we got there, BUT still warmer than Helsinki!)


(Photo: All covered in snow. But at least we can still see some green under the thin blanket of snow!)



And then, we met up with Elita and Jennifer! Elita is a friend of Desiree's and Winky's, it was so nice meeting Elita! And Jennifer, it was so unreal meeting her in the United Kingdoms, and even better, in Cambridge!

(Photo: Jennifer dancing in the snow! Oh man, it is so nice seeing you here!!! thanks so much for taking us around and bearing with our gazillions photo-takings!)

(Photo: They say it's the must do thing in London to take photos at the phone booth.)

Cambridge is really pretty. But I think my impression of Cambridge before visiting is quite different. I have always thought that Cambridge would be really rural, like river, grass and mountains. But I was so wrong! I didn't realize that those postcard photographers were standing on a busy street and high-ways when taking photos of the mountains and grass. It is really quite a busy place. But there were a lot of people riding bicycles! Cycle safe Jennifer!



(Photo: they say we can't walk on the grass. but technically we will be walking on snow!)

(Photo: Jennifer and the snowy lawn! Hehe, even the Cambridge students are excited about the snow on the lawn!)

(Photo: The river.)

(Photo: Me sending postcards. It is my goal to send my parents and sister a postcards from different countries! So far so good, now they have one from Estonia, Levi and London.)

(Photo: And then we had afternoon tea at a shop called Auntie's tea shop. I had a coffee and an apple pie.)

(Photo: And then I began embarassing Elita by saying everything with a pretended British accent. "Fancy a pie? Cheers, mate!")

(Photo: After returning to London by train, I had a snog! Wooo... nah, it's actaully a frozen yogurt. I topped with mini oreos and brownies. It was sooo good, but I felt sick afterwards, too much sugar!)

The trio then decided that we should get a drink and talk (although Desiree has lost her voice), we randomly walked into a bar, and funny thing is, it has a tranvestite show! There was a drag queen hosting some singing performance and those performance are so good! Really high quality!





And then it was time to say goodbye to Delphine, I am going to miss you Delphine. Although I am really bad at keeping contact, I will really really try to keep in touch with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment