Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 100 Sunset with volcanic ash in the air

I know flights are being delayed and travelers have gone grumpy because of the Iceland volcanic ash, but look at the bright side, volcanic ash turned the Helsinki sunset even more beautiful!

As it turns out, BBC weatherman Ian Fergusson said in his blog that the ash cloud, spread in aerosol from high aloft, can often result in very vivid colours at dawn and sunset. Bright reds, oranges, violets and pinks can be seen. Not wanting to waste this moment, I took strolls in the woods, and took some snapshots of the sunset.

(Photo: There is a hint of pink in the sky)

(Photo: This looks like an ordinary sunset...)

(Photo: still looks like an ordinary sunset, but look closer, there is some violet in between the clouds...)

(Photo: Ahhh! Now that's something ain't it?)

It was at that moment which I was walking in the woods, staring at the sunset, that I felt a wave of unexplained and unexpected emotions. All of a sudden, I feel that I would be leaving here sooner than I am ready for. I remember my first few weeks here, I thought I would be here for a very very very long time. But it doesn't feel long before I realize it is time to go.

Awwwww... I think I am really going to miss it here!

(Photo: Highway next to the woods. Reminds me of all those horror movies...)

3 comments:

  1. i like the last picture, creepy as it is.
    Use the 'sunset' mode for your camera,it makes everything SO pretty : ) Then youdont need volcano dust to make you a beuatiful sunset.
    Is it affecting Finland much?? the flights in london got cancelled. Aren't ou glad we decided not to go to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, they say that all Ryannair flights are delayed until Monday... some of the exchangers are stuck in whatever place they are, cannot travel...

    yea, aren't we glad that we are not going to Paris! It's really destiny that we cannot go, and so glad that we didn't push it!

    I think the volcanic ash is affecting my stupid nose, I've been sneezing ever since the volcanic ash migrated...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the senery in finland is so much different from HK. It will stay in your heart for the rest of your life. here comes sneezy sis!!

    ReplyDelete