Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 90 Last day in Stockholm

Remember yesterday I said that I wanted to go to Skeppsholmen, but the museum was closed and my shoes were soaking wet and uncomfortable, so I decided I wouldn't go? Well, weather in Stockholm today was really grand: sunny, blue sky, nice breeze, pavements all dry. I decided that I should give Skeppsholmen another shot.

I always feel like when you are meant to be in a place, then you will be there eventually, whether you plan it or not. And if some invisible force doesn't allow you to do something, then no matter how you plan it, you still couldn't do it. Like the St. Petersburg trip, cancelled because of the bombing. My visit to Skeppsholmen, I thought I would leave Stockholm without going there, but I think I am meant to be there sometime, someday.

Okay, enough of the reflections, here are some pictures of the beautiful Skeppsholmen!
(Photo: Ever tried whistling to swans? I think this one here bob its head when I whistle to it! I'm not kidding!)

Then I visited one of their museums on the island, called the moderna museum.

(Photo: And my God, that place is so gorgeous! I seriously thought of staying on Skeppsholmen forever, and get a job in that museum as a caretaker or something!)

(Photo: their cakes, pastries and food there look really delicious, I had a coffee and a toffee/chocolate cake. They were just amazing!)


This picture here says it all. Blue sky, white clouds, nice breeze, chilling next to the sea, drinking coffee, sunbathing, whistling to swans ... I will definitely return to Stockholm. It is just a matter of time, I would be there again some day. Stockholm, don't change too much before my next visit! I love you the way you are now!

No comments:

Post a Comment