Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 98 Should I blog for HKUST?



I got an e-mail (probably the rest of the undergraduates in HKUST got it as well) about the HKUST admissions office recruiting student bloggers. They say if you want to become a student blogger, you need to write about 3 blog entries for them per month, and preferably talk about your life as a student in HKUST.

I suppose this is a good thing for HKUST admissions. The potential students get a glimpse of what it is like being a student here, the school might want their expectations to go inline with what they offer. But I don't know if I should blog for the school.

One thing about blogging is, you can write almost everything, and that's for yourself, not for anyone. Your blog represents yourself, and yourself only, you don't speak on behalf of someone or some institutions. I love writing this blog, because it is about me, and it is about how I feel towards my exchange.

What if I am blogging for HKUST, and I want to say something honest? Should I proceed with it? Should I compromise the integrity of my writing (blog)?



But looking at the bright side, they say if I become a blogger for them, they will give me a camera and teach me some professional blogging techniques. To be honest, I don't care about the camera, my camera is new and I don't need another new one, but I would certainly be better off with some kick-ass professional blogging layout and html stuff!

okay, yea, I will apply to become a HKUST student blogger.

1 comment: