Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 89 Snowing in Stockholm!

Today I woke up and the weather was not so sunny and dry anymore. It was snowing: meaning, slushie all over the place, wet shoes, wet feet, wet hair, wet clothes, wet pants ... wet wet wet wet wet....

I decided that, in spite of the weather, I would go and explore another island, called Skeppsholm. But by the time I arrived on that island, my feet were not only wet, but cold, really cold. Plus, the museum on Skeppsholm closes on Mondays. So, I decided that I should get back to the mainland and perhaps shop for some shoes and buy a dry pair of socks.

I went, according to the guidebook, to the famous shopping indoor shopping district, which is located near the T Central station. There is this shoe shop that sells cool sneakers!

(Photo: there are rows and rows of sneakers in display in the shop! But being on a budget, I decided I shouldn't buy here.)

I found a pair of cheap grey walking shoes. They are only 149 Krona, which is roughly 160 HKD. Funny thing is, all the other shoes on display are like 200+ Krona, but those shoes, in particular, were surprisingly cheap! It's my lucky day!

(Photo: with dry socks and shoes, I felt sooo much better!)

Then I walked around the stores besides me, and as I walked further and further away from the stores, I found myself near the Royal Palace!


Unfortunately, by the time I was there, the royal palace is closed, so the only thing left to do around there (i.e. see something royal), is to go to their royal armory museum.

(Photo: It was quite a cool place.)

After the museum, I decided that I should see something related to art, and went to the Opera House to see if there is something showing then. And there was! such a lucky day! And it was only 40 Krona (I got crappy seat)!
(Photo: The opera house is really magnificent. The decorations, the space, the columns, the ceiling, the chandelier. Everything was really really grand. Although the singing was in swedish, I enjoyed the music, and the dancing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment