Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 112 Chinese Helsinki iphone app?



I recently came across this interesting iphone application. It is a Helsinki news application in Chinese. It's quite handy, gives me updates on what's going on in Helsinki, e.g. who's on strike, when do shops close etc etc.

But funny thing though, there wasn't any Helsinki news application in Finnish or English, yep, there is just in Chinese.

This makes me wonder what is the population of Chinese living here. I searched the web, and they say that Finland actually has the lowest share of foreign citizens living among the European Union, and most of the "foreign citizens' are from Russia, Estonia and Sweden (not that I don't know why anyone in Sweden would move to Finland, and not to Stockholm!!!) hm... so I'm guessing, Finland isn't a popular place among the Chinese then.

No comments:

Post a Comment