Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 94 Suomenlinna sea fortress

Although I have so much work, I still went to an excursion with my Finnish class to Suomenlinna because the weather was so nice and I didn't want to waste it by sitting outdoors.

(Photo: Suomenlinna is an island. We went there by ferry from the market square. The ferry ride took less than 20 mins, the sea breeze, the sun, the blue sky, the weather was so fine!)

(Photo: Merja and Christina trying to tell us the history of Suomenlinna. Did you know that Suomenlinna is in the UNESCO World Heritage Site? Christina also told us that the fortress was once under the control of Russia, but the Fins took over some time later. And so, there are still some Russian architecture on the island.)

(Photo: The ice in the sea is melting, but there are still some ice.)

(Photo: Inside the fortress. It was colder than the outside!)

(Photo: Wouldn't it be great if I can just lie on the grass and chill? ARGH. stupid write-ups. Let's hope I am smarter once I finish them. Oh, and no coffee shops are opened during this season.)

(Photo: me and Vivien!)



(Photo: I have to admit, when the weather is nice in Helsinki, and when I see this, Helsinki is almost as nice as Stockholm. Still, my favourite place in the world is Stockholm.)

1 comment:

  1. beautiful place. I cannot remember the last
    time I saw blue sky in HK

    ReplyDelete