Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 1 When in doubt, follow the blondes! =)

Finally. The day is here. I am now in Helsinki, in a dormitory. And the new adventure begins!

I was actually extremely nervous and worried when I boarded the plane, it seemed like I have talked about going to Finland for a very long time, and now, after a good 11-hour pane ride, I am actually in Finland. WOHOOOO!

First off, thank you so much mum and dad, uncle simon and Mandi for sending me off! I'm sure I will have a blast in Finland Auntie Kathy (and I will recommend places you can visit!)



(photo: Mummy and Mandi! I'm going to miss you guys! Dad, uncle simon, I'm going to miss you too! Be sure to bring Auntie Kathy and Melissa along to visit HK someday! the whole family is waiting!!!!)


(photo: Dim sum at the airport with the family!)


(photo: word of wisdom from Mandi Tse: When in doubt, follow the blondes! LoL! Thanks, I'm alive because of this advice! :P)


(photo: I hope this photo can actually capture the beauty of this scene! Seriously! It is so pretty!)


(photo: My first impression of Helsinki, SNOW and er... SNOW! even the airplanes were covered in snow!)

The plane ride was okay, with 2 crying babies on board, I still got some sleep! And I met Matti, who sat next to me on the plane, after talking to him and listening to him introducing Helsinki/Finland/Europe as well as business in general, I think I am more prepared than I ever am! Thanks so much Matti!

Custom was actually better than I thought, all went smoothly, I didn't even have to line up, because it was quite empty! Luggage went fine, but I heard an exchange student lost his/her luggage on the way here!

1 comment:

  1. follow the blondes? I thought most Finnish are blonde?!
    put up more pictures of ur dorm!
    btw, add me on iChat. I don't have a username but u can search me by my email jacqueline.c.tse@gmail.com
    how cold is it there? Has some of ur fat got frozen off yet?

    ReplyDelete