Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 6 "Warm weather" (-3 degrees celsius)

Today we are getting a slightly warmer weather, it is only negative 3 degrees celsius. But I didn't want to catch a cold or something, so I put on about the same amount of clothes as before, and still feel the chilly wind. I think I might need more time to adjust to the climate here.

We wanted to visit the flea market today, but we waited for tram No. 6 for so long that, it was time for school. And so, we did not go there, and instead, I went to the bank and opened a bank account instead. I am really a bit disappointed that we cannot go to the flea market because I heard that Europe is quite famous for these. But then, I have 5 months here, so no worries.

Then I went to my investment management class, it was actually quite interesting and I was glad that I took this class! The teacher speaks perfect English with an American accent, so it was quite easy to follow!

One thing I found though, there was an extremely important notice that tells us that there was no class for this week for our Finnish culture and language class. That notice was written in Finnish. =.=!!!


(photo: note the "additional information" line, it says "Kurssi alkaa ma 18.1.2010 ja päättyy to 22.4.2010", which means class starts on 18.1.2010 and ends on 22.4.2010. Geez, write in ENGLISH, they knew that a bunch of exchange students are going to take this class!)

I found that escalators in Helsinki, Finland in general, are much more interesting than the ones we have in Hong Kong. There are so many varieties, here is one example:

(photo: it is actually a less automated version, you have to pull the door and enter, it won't open for you.)

3 comments:

  1. HAHA! Time to learn FINNISH my friend!Now more of an incentive eh? Five months later I'll be speaking to you in Danish and you can speak to me in Finnish.

    Cool lift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one too in Norway!!!!!!
    it's in my dorm:)
    so inconvenient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ehello! mickey! welcome to my blog!! do you have one as well?! would love to comment on yours!

    ReplyDelete