Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 20 Sun, snow and moonlight

Helsinki surprises me every single day. Well, most of the days.

I was going to school yesterday at around 2 pm and the sun was hanging pretty low. As I looked out of the window of my bus, the sun was shining right in front of me. The bus seemed to be chasing after the sun, all of it was so pretty that I could not resist taking photos of this magnificent scene.

(photo: this is just a simple snapshot of the sun, the snow and the road. But already, it is so pretty! Sorry if you think I am exaggerating, but I am from HK, where there is no snow, no clear skies (most days), so I think that this is already very pretty from my standards!)

(photo: pretty, ain't it?)

The moon also does interesting effect to the snow at night. Just when you think there is nothing to see at night, well, open your eyes and observe, and there on the surfaces that are covered with snow, you see shinning little dots on them, they are like diamonds sparkling in the snow. The surface of the ground would be glittering, like angels sprinkling glitters to the surface of the Earth.

(photo: This photo cannot accurately depict what I see at night, as you cannot really see the glittering snow. Please imagine yourself.)

5 comments:

  1. Hey, trust me. I had been in New Jersey snow
    and summer. Two months later, when the snow
    melts and greens come out, that will be another
    secenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh new snow indeed is very pretty no matter what time of day it is. Ice on tree is pretty too. It is just a matter of time that you will lerarn to skate and ski!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tanya,
    how nice!! just noticed your blog from facebook. The photos are brilliant.
    I would definitely follow your blog!
    Take care at Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish there was a "like" button on eblogger!
    the pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for your comments !!! =)

    ReplyDelete