Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 8 I ate REINDEER'S MEAT!

Yesterday night, I had my first authentic Finnish meal, Reindeer's meat! At first, I was a little disgusted that I had to eat Reindeer, because I have always thought that they are quite cute, and when you put a face on what you eat, you just can't eat it. However, I thought that it would probably be my one-in-a-life-time experience, and I would probably never have the opportunity to eat Reindeer in Hong Kong, so, I opted for Reindeer!

(photo: sorry Reindeer! I have to eat you!)

(photo: Well, we didn't really know what to expect, hence my facial expression.)

(photo: Tadaaa! my Reindeer meal! Let me explain. This dish is divided into 3 solid layers. Bottom is mashed potatoes, middle is minced Reindeer's meat, and top is Red berries. We have on the side: pickles, and the whole plate is drenched with some meat sauce/ soup.)

(photo: myself eating the dish. Honestly, the texture is much like pork, and the taste is quite strong, more like beef and lamb mixed together.)

The taste of the dish is quite strong. I did not quite like it, but I ate almost half the plate anyways. On my way home, I started having this weird feeling in my tummy, and I was burping the whole time. Then, I thought of the cute little face of the Reindeer, and I felt a little sick =.=!!! ARGH. Initially, I thought I could stomach anything, but I guess I was wrong! =.=!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I think I have the same feeling of eating
    dogs in HK. The meat maybe ok but you just
    can't eat it.

    ReplyDelete