Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 7 Happy birthday mum !

Today is 13-1-2010, my mother's birthday! Happy birthday mummy! Wish you have a fun day (but judging from the e-mail you sent me, it seems you weren't having a lot of fun, but still, enjoy your day!). So my birthday wishes to you is: good health, always be happy and prosperity! okay now, imagine a birthday cake is here on the monitor, close your eyes and blow the candles!

On a sadder note...

Well, guess what, my worst nightmare came true! The Internet went down in my apartment! I initially had class at 2pm today, but seeing there was no Internet at home, and I had really ABSOLUTELY nothing to do, I went to school early. I thought that it was just my room, but then my room-mates also had no internet, and my roommate asked around, and discovered that probably the entire building has no internet connection today. ARGH. I am quite annoyed, to be honest.

So here I am, right now, typing my entry in one of the most beautiful computer labs I have ever been to.
(photo: this is the computer lab. Imagine glass tables everywhere, with huge monitors, and widely spaced computers! Honestly, I call HKUST computer lab: "Computer slums for refugees")

It is however, quite difficult to type in their keyboard, because it is quite different from that of Hong Kong.
(photo: look at the Finnish symbols there on the right!)

Tonight for dinner, my tutors are taking us out to a restuarant that serves authentic and slightly less expensive Finnish Reindeer meal! I am really excited to try Reindeer's meat!

A bit news review today. (sorry there is quite a bit of text in this entry, but since I forgot to bring my card-reader, I cannot upload photos in the school computer.)

"Google threatens to leave China after massive cyberattacks"
Google wanted to quit China because they said that they are unwilling to continue censoring results on Google.cn and has considered quitting China.
Well, seriously? I don't think Google will ever EVER quit China. Yes,yes, they say Chinese violate the human rights, so on and so on, but then again, business is business. With a huge population henceforth enormous opportunities, it would not be sensible for Google to leave the market! Personally, I think this is just for the Public to see that, oh wow, Google cares about human rights. I don't think they will quit China, not in the near future, not EVER!

6 comments:

  1. Reindeer meal, wow, pls compare it with snake and chicken. I guess it must be chewy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mother!! welcome to my blog! I believe this is your first comment here! and it so happens that this is your birthday!!!!

    I will let you know what the Reindeer meat tastes like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have to agree with your "business is business" point!I'm pretty anxious to find out how true this will turn out to be, and whether Google will actually leave the market, Huge, HUGE respect if they actually do and honour their word. It is hard to find genuinely sincere entities these days. I have some stories to share with you when we meet.

    Glad you are enjoying Helsinki, and I will gladly be the 3rd follower of your blog. Please keep writing and posting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DesDes85!! welcome welcome!!! yes, please keep reading! I will definitely keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. REINDEER MEAT?!
    URGH!!!
    if u eat them reindeer who's gonna get u xmas presents next year??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I guess you'll just have to travel to Santa's home and get it then!

    ReplyDelete