Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 15 Pasilla cook-out!

Today I experienced my first snow day! It was a really light snow though, not like heavy snow dropping onto your head and body, but like snow flakes randomly sticking onto your hair and clothes. I think I am a little surprised at the texture of the snow flakes, I initially thought it would be denser or something, but they were only flakes not larger than 2 mm in diameters. The surface of the ground was all covered with nice, fresh and flaky snow, simply beautiful!

(photo: I took this picture as I was walking from school to city centre, Kamppi. The snow was most visible under the streetlight.)

And I was invited by Barbora to a delicious salmon dinner in Pasilla! It was so exciting! We first went shopping at K-market in city centre, then carrying an enormous/ heavy salmon and some other stuffs, we headed for the commuter train to Barbora's apartment, which is in Pasilla. It was actually quite near the city centre, only 10 mins away by train ride!

(photo: this is the end-product! Everything was so delicious, and healthy as well. We have some potatoes, greek salad (with feta of course), and salmon. The salmon was really tender, and it was soooo delicious! Thanks Barbora, you are such a good cook!)

(photo: Here is the rest of us eating the delicious dinner.)

4 comments:

  1. Can you introduce Barbora to us? Is she Finns
    or exchange? The food looks goods? My question is how to make tender Salmon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the new snow is usually beautiful but the ground will turn really dirty after a few days.
    My first snow was in New Jersey with Jac in 8 months pregnancy, I ran out to feel the snow
    which was very light indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM
    I'm so craving for nice food these days. wait, scratch that. any food in fact.

    hey i wanna have an ichat date with ya. when's good for u?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jac, aren't you living at home, hence good supply of good food?

    I am going to a cottage trip this weekend, will be there till late on Sunday, so you probably will be sleeping.

    How about Monday morning at 8 am my time? or you suggest a time!

    ReplyDelete