Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 5 Helsinki Designer District

Today was the first day of school. Didn't quite expect myself to learn a lot from the exchange, but still want to get something academic out of this. I went to class, but discovered that the class was cancelled for the first day, so I didn't need to attend the class at all this week! well, more sight-seeing for me then!

After class at around 3 pm, we went to the Designer District in Helsinki. It is really nice. Some of the shops were slightly more expensive than others though, but we thought we would look around first, and decide what we want to get later on, because we have 5 months here. So no hurry at all!




(photos: stores of the designer district.)


(photo: It was really cold outside, so we went to our favourite place in the designer district, a bar which has a nicely decorated interior. I had a warm wine, it tastes really good!)

Tomorrow we are going to the flea market! SO EXCITING!!!

7 comments:

  1. - haha seems like u're out drinking every night bor~ warm wine sounds reaaaally tempting though! will try to make some tonight! do i just heat it up? (won't it be evaporated though?)
    - the designer district doesn't look very designer-ly though... is it just some hand-made crafts?
    - how come no class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sister,
    - I think you do somethng special with the wine, to make it warm, if you just boil it, all of it might just evaporate!
    - those pictures I took are actually only some stores in the designer district, but most of the shops are like little artifacts and stuffs. it's quite cool.
    - yes there wasnät class yesterday because it was the first day, and apparently it is the culture of the university here not to have classes, I think.
    but i have class today, and it was really interesting, i am quite happy with it! and actually looking forward to studying! yes, call me a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. tried the wine warming with hot water around it. doesn't work.
    2. classes in english? Fin people (this sounds very mermaid-ish) know english? I don't think me, studying every min of my waking moment, am qualified to call anyone a nerd.
    3. i'm checking ur blog more often than u update. fai d fai d update more. i'm bored to death here.
    4. do u like ur camera? im thinking which one to get. but the night pictures don't look too good. ISO setting too high?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH. and rmb tmr's mom's bday... dai shi jei has sent her FLOWERS again =.=

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaah the stupid trams :( we didn t get there

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is your aunt kathy, using uncle simon's account. I am ready to get on an airplane right now and come there and enjoy some of that hot wine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello welcome welcome auntie kathy! hehe, Helsinki is great! Another purpose of this blog is to lure you guys here! well, I guess I have achieved that!

    ReplyDelete