Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 21 Shopping for ice-skates: FAIL

I haven't been doing much sports/exercise since arrival in Helsinki and I can feel my muscles aching, my shoulders screaming for a nice work-out ever since. I have decided that since I am in Finland, where it is cold, there is snow and winter sports are popular, I should engage into some kind of winter sports.

The first thing that came to mind is ice-skating. Why? Because there happens to be an outdoor ice-ring very near my apartment, like less than 5-min walk away. Someone told me that a pair of ice skates costs less than 30 Euros, which I think is really worth buying because going to the ice-ring is convenient and I will be ice-skating a lot during my stay here.

I went shopping for ice-skates today. Saw plenty of cheap ones, but they don't have my size =.=!!! ARGH, I now wish my feet were smaller so I can fit into those tiny sizes. (photo: this is one of the sports equipment stores I went, it is called the Stadium. Still, I could not find my size in there. My plan now is to go to a second-hand sports equipment store to get a pair.)

After failing to find ice skates that fit me, I went to the grocery store to stock my fridge up with healthy food, i.e. veggies and fruits. (photo: WOOHOO!! now I don't have to starve!!!)

3 comments:

  1. You mean the hugh Finns' feet are smaller than
    Asian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be brave. Don't be afraid to fall. But learn how to fall too with good gloves. It is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeh when u said they didn't have your size I assumed you meant... they don't have such small size!

    find another shop! Don't believe there's only 1 shop in Helsinski

    ReplyDelete