Monday, March 8, 2010

Dat 61 The first and the last

Today is the first day of the second half of the spring semester here in Helsinki and the last day of me still being under the legal drinking age in the United States.

Going onto the second half of the spring semester, the classes that I am taking are quite interesting. I had my first Corporate Risk Management class at 4pm, and in the first lecture, we have the Head of Research of Nordea Bank to lecture us about financial risk. Despite the fact that he didn't really capture the class's attention during the lecture (Andy fell asleep!), I think he is quite passionate about teaching, he said that it was his 4th time guest-lecturing this course and he had 5 years of teaching experience before he joined the Bank.

In a way, I am quite happy that we have such high quality professionals to teach us, but then I would much rather have a more animated and interesting lecturer. Oh, and he is coming back to guest-lecture us one more time this week. Hm, must drink more coffee then.

Finnish class today was so and so. Nothing special, except that Maria and Christina were both present in class and we listened to student presentations on Finnish winter war and Finnish holidays.

So after the classes, we decided that we should go and meet at the m-bar for drinks. I love talking to you guys! I had really a great time today!

(Photo: Vladimir and Barbora!)



Excited about tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. yooo baby sis HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
    Sorry there'll be no video greetings for ya but all the same I wish you all the fun and happiness and all great stuff this year! I can't believe u're so old haha. we're both officially grown children. Enjoy your big day, enjoy Finland : ) We've got to celebrate together (your 21 and 3 months) when you get back to hk. loveya xxx

    ReplyDelete