Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 73 At Crush

After Yang's birthday dinner at Pasilla, I was a bit tired and planned to go home to do my assignments. But it was Friday night, and I didn't want to appear like an anti-social nerd, plus Yang's friends are interesting, so I decided that I would go for drinks with them.

We went to this place called Crush, it is essentially a cocktail and lounge bar. Funny thing is, the music is ridiculously loud for a lounge bar, it's almost like they want everyone to get off their feet and dance; but everyone there was just sitting down, sipping drinks and talking (or more like shouting).

The thing about loud music and talking is, even if you ask the person you are shouting to to repeat what he/she shouted, you wouldn't hear it, so whenever we don't understand, we smiled and nodded. but it was fun!

(Photo: The bar itself is quite nice, just the music is too loud to sit down and chat.)

(Photo: I think the drink Katja is holding is something called "longari" or "longara", not sure of the name. I had the same drink, and it's quite tasty!)
[Correction, it is called "Lonkero", thanks Katja!]

(Photo: Nancy and Miriam, shouting across the room so I can hear what they were saying. oh and I learnt how to speak "no" in Australian, "no" is prounced as "naeiooooo", you have to run through all the vowels to say it.)

(Photo: with the birthday girl! we look so good in yellow!)

4 comments:

  1. hahaha
    reminds me of that episode of how i met your mother where the gang went to a club, and ted realizes his date isn't going to hear what he's saying anyway, so he keeps yelling, 'i'm from outerspace!' 'i'm peeing my pants' and his date would smile and nod, but suddenly the music went off and he's saying sth about i just crapped my pants hahaha

    i can't believe 2 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw did you know your stuff has been wrapped in white plastic bags?? yes, and your bed is covered with a black rubbish bag... it gets so creepy in your room that i don't dare go in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to do this because if I don't wrap the things, it will be too dusty for Sneezy, sis Tanie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe ... so my nickname is now sneezy sis ... haha, you guys miss me so much huh???!!!

    and wait a minute, 2 more days? then what??? what're you doing in 2 days???

    ReplyDelete