Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 81 My Easter plans

My easter holiday starts this Thursday! WOOOOHOOOO! and I have already planned a few places to go, namely Riga and Stockholm.

I am leaving on Wednesday at 3:20 pm from Helsinki Vantaa Airport to Riga. I am feeling pretty excited! Because I heard that Riga is an inexpensive place, I am planning to eat until I cannot eat anymore and do sightseeing there. For those who are not familiar with the Baltic regions, Riga is the capital of Latvia, and is the third largest capital in the Baltic States. The almighty wikipedia says that there are a lot of historical sites there, really really excited now! I would love to see old and stylish architectures!

I think Latvia is one of those countries where if I don't go now, I might never have the chance of going, probably because this is not like a common/ popular place to visit. I would really regard this as a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I am going to stay in Riga for a couple of days and then leave on Saturday, 3rd April, to Stockholm by Ryanair. Quite frankly, I am not too excited about Stockholm, because it is quite a standard modern European country, I would think it is much like Helsinki. So, not too much expectation there. I will have to wait and see if it is like any other European countries.

Well, got to do all my homework assignments before I go off!

By the way, I think my blog entries are getting boring, mostly because I am not traveling in March, and not much to talk about, only daily updates on how I am, boring. I am so glad that I am finally going somewhere, and quite happy that this uneventful month is slowly gone!

1 comment: