Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 83 Slovakian dinner

Today, I was being invited to a delicious Slovakian dinner. It is interesting to note that almost every dish is made out of potato, I never knew one can make so many variations out of potatoes, seems like Chinese aren't the only ones that can make variations out of cheap food!

For starters, we have potato pancake, I think it's made by Lucas, hence, a Czech dish.
(Photo: the pancake tastes soft, floury and salty, very different from those pancakes we are accustomed to back in HK. There is garlic inside, so it smells and tastes quite nice!)

Then we have potatoes with sour lettuce and goat cheese/cream potatoes. (not pictured)

And a bit of Czech/ slovakian whiskey.


It was really fun, tasting different countries' cuisines, and just tasting the difference in cultures using my taste-buds. (Photo: Me and the rest of the professional tasters munching in the garlic pancake! I think I like that dish the best!)

I stayed there till 11-ish and went back to Ida to pack for Riga (okay, I lied, I didn't pack at night). I don't think I am bringing my laptop there, so unless they have some sort of Internet and computer in hostels, I won't be updating my blog that much. But stay tuned when I get back from Riga and Stockholm!

5 comments:

  1. heeeeeeeeeey!!! I got a new camera today!!!!!!!!!! soosooooo excited!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum: I'll have to ask Barbara for some potato receipes then
    jac: what model is it? Is it as good as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jac looks so professional now, like a reporter.
    We hiked for several days in our Easter Holiday, really relaxing and enjoy very much on food.She took a lot of nice photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no posts for so long???? i hv a REALLY HILARIOUS thing to tell u... but not through here... ichat me sometime!! by the way where's that place u got ur musical tickets in London??

    ReplyDelete