Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 68 A portrait of me

Today I got a lovely surprise in class! Barbora brought me a drawing... of ME, my very own Tanya Tse portrait drawing. And the artist who drew the portrait, you ask? It is Vladiko!

Ahoy Vladiko! Thank you so much! Hope you are having fun back home in Slovakia, I am sure you are doing something cool! And sorry I couldn't sit still for that portrait at the dinner, I was too busy laughing my head off at the jokes!

(Photo: Barbora holding the portrait.)

(Photo: The artist, Vladiko! You draw so well! But you know, admit it, you are my secret admirer (wink wink), you have millions and millions of drawings of me in your sketchbook, and Barbora just showed me one of them. ARR. Stalker alert! But don't worry, except writing on this blog, I didn't tell anyone.)

I met Barbora's friends from Slovakia. They gave me that famous European cheek greeting gesture. Interesting interesting. I looked it up in the internet, and the website which is always right and knows absolutely everything in this universe, i.e. Wikipedia, says "Cheek kissing is a ritual or social gesture to indicate friendship, perform a greeting, to confer congratulations, to comfort someone, or to show respect. Common in Southern, Central, Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Middle East and Latin America). I hoped I wasn't acting awkward or shocked or anything in front of them!

2 comments:

  1. wow you have so many admirers

    My sketch book is full of portraits of you too :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised desdes85!

    ReplyDelete