Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 71 1 Euro Champagne & the Mayan prophecy

Today at around 4 pm, just as I thought I was going to spend the entire late afternoon and evening revising, I bumped into Ronald, Barbora and Martin at the main building, and we decided to go to the oh-so-popular-among-exchange-students place called Baker's where they serve 1 Euro per glass of champagne.

I was a little doubtful of the kind of champagne they serve (I mean, they might as well put ethanol in carbonated syrup water and call it champagne), but as it turns out, it wasn't crappy at all!

Seats were nice, although you would have to go there early (at around 5 pm), get your drinks as soon as possible (because it only lasts till 7 pm and there is a long queue). Level of noise is moderate, you don't need to yell or anything to a person's ear only 1 cm away from your mouth. But that place can get Lan-Kwai-Fong crowded very soon, because there isn't a lot of place where they serve 1 Euro per glass of champagne.

(Photo: the bar.)





We were drinking and talking, and the topic of the Mayan prophecy came up. According to Ronald, the Mayan's 2012 prophecy says that the world is going to end on December 21, 2010, and several other civilization, such as the Egyptians, support this theory. Quite frankly, I am a bit worried about this. And I was even more worried when Barbora told me she and Vladko have already made plans to "welcome" that day.

Okay, so my plans are to go back to Hong Kong and build a basement made of atomic-bomb-indestructible metallic walls and start collecting some animals to bring into my basement and of course, a year's worth of food and drinks, some music and download all TV dramas there ever exist in the world (I will get bored when everyone's gone).

2 comments:

  1. Why 2010 Dec 21, that is the Chinese Winter Festival, are they jealous of the Chinese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I doubt that any of the Mayan tribes know about the custom of Chinese back in those days!

    ReplyDelete