Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 69 A right decision made

Today I was supposed to go on a Fazer Chocolate Factory tour with KY, but seeing that if I go on this tour I would have to miss my risk and derivatives class (and the prof for this class is quite good), I decided that I wouldn't skive and attended the lecture instead of going on the chocolate factory tour. I know I know, nerds will always be nerds ...

But I heard from Barbora (who had visited) that the chocolate factory tour wasn't really good anyways. No oompa loompas roaming the place, no chocolate rivers and chocolate grass around, and by the time you munch on your 2nd free chocolate bar they distribute there, you feel sick. So, I save calories and become more intelligent by attending the lecture instead.

As it turns out, today's lecture was really important and really worth going, I made a right decision of attending the lecture! Now I know how to price options, replicate portfolios and do dynamic hedging! Woohooooo !!!

Talking about courses here, I found that I have a lot more assignments and readings to do than the courses back at home. Right from the beginning of the semester, I found myself constantly doing assignments, writing papers and doing readings, instead of studying, say, for mid-terms. Workload here is actually heavier than at home!

Assignment due tomorrow. There are only 5 questions in the assignment, but with a lot of a, b, c, and ds ... that's how they trick you into thinking it is an easy assignment!

4 comments:

  1. tanya!
    i see you've been hardworking? hahaha, i'm back from london! meet up soon! & i definitely need your help in derivatives! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derivatives due TODAY!!!! I think I get most of it, let me know if you need any help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. more work than home? University of Fiendish stress and tension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, yea, totally ... oh and my school changed its name.. it was once called Helsinki School of Economics, now it is Aalto University of Economics.

    ReplyDelete