Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 55 Jogging in the snow!

This morning, inspired by my parents (who just ran their marathons), I decided that I should put on my jogging shoes that my mum sent me all the way from Hong Kong (probably to remind me to exercise and not just sit on my chair like a potato), and go out jogging.

Only problem was, I have never jogged before on a ground that is covered with snow and in a near zero temperature. So getting dressed for jogging was a big issue. I had to keep warm, but not too warm because I would be exercising. I decided that I would only wear one pair of pants- my gym pants, a T-shirt, a fleece jacket that can zip up to my chin and gloves, of course. I thought that I would jog around till I am really cold and cannot take it any longer, then go back home and layer-up again. Since the temperature was considerably warmer than before, I anticipated that the snow will be melting a little, so I had to expect some slippery and muddy road.

Overall, I think it was a really good jog! I started at around 8 am, and just jogged all the way to some unknown roads that were near home. I didn't even know what the names of those roads were, but I just jogged and jogged and jogged, till I was out of breath, and feeling really warm under my fleece jacket.

I quite enjoy jogging in the cold weather and in the snow. In a way, it trained my brain, because I had to jump around for firmer snow when I jogged on. It is sort of like jogging outdoors in HK, where you have to jump around to avoid water puddles. And the temperature made me want to move around, so definitely a good motivation. I think I jogged for about 30 minutes and got really out-of-breath, probably because I haven't exercise for quite a long time.

Then on my way back home, I took a wrong turn on a road junction and got lost for a moment! It took me another 15 mins before I find myself on the right roads again.

Phew!

1 comment:

  1. Good work Tan, you don't feel that cold after
    you jog for a while. and the cold weather keeps you run faster too.

    ReplyDelete