Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 70 Vitasoy! 維他奶!

There are quite a lot of things I miss about home, my family, my (imaginary) cat, my (imaginary) dog, my (imaginary) friends, dim sum, HKUST cafe food (ahemm....), cha siu, rice (cooked in a rice cooker) and one of them is Vitasoy, also known as 維他奶. For those who are not familiar with this product, Vitasoy, also known as 維他奶, is a brand of soymilk and has been around in Hong Kong for decades. We basically grew up with it. You see kids drinking them, you see teenagers drinking them, you see adults drinking them, you see elderlies drinking them.

I have been craving for Vitasoy since the beginning of February, to the point where, I made a promise to myself that I will drink Vitasoy instead of eating or drinking anything when I go back to Hong Kong. Yep, it's that serious. Well, I mean, I have tried looking for those soymilk products in grocery stores, but one thing I learn about buying soy products (soymilk and tofu) here is, you have got to trust Asian brands for it. They taste so much better!

Back to the Vitasoy topic, so today I got a lovely surprise from Boon Sun and Vivien, who came back from London yesterday night. Guess what? they got me Vitasoy!!!

(Photo: Boon Sun with the liquid gold.)



So I have now 6 Vitasoys to last till the end of May. I better make a schedule of when I should take a sip of Vitasoy so they would last!

2 comments:

  1. To my surprise, I don't know that you like Vitasoy that much. I only know that you like Coke lite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. surprisingly I didn't drink too much cola here in Helsinki, because price per can is quite expensive, and if I were to do grocery shopping, it would be a little heavy.

    And yea, I didn't know I like Vitasoy so much as well!

    ReplyDelete